CURRIED SEAFOOD PIES
Makes approx. 16 pies
500 GR mixed raw seafood, cut into even sized pieces (salmon, white fish, prawn, squid or cuttlefish)
3 tbsp egg mayonnaise
3 tbsp thick cream
1 tsp mild curry powder
1 tbsp fruit chutney
2 eggs, separated
zest from I lemon
4 squares store bought puff pastry
1 tbsp poppy seeds
aioli and cut lemon to serve
• Preheat oven to 180C.
• In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream, curry powder, chutney, egg yolks and lemon zest.
• Add seafood and stir to coat.
• Cut each pastry square into 4 equal squares.
• Spoon equal amounts of curried seafood onto the centre of each pastry square.
• Lift corners into the centre and squeeze to join, them crimp all edges together to join and form a smaller square pie. Spoon in filling and make each pie, one at a time.
• Lightly whisk egg whites, and paint pies to glaze, then sprinkle with poppy seeds.
• Bake pies in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
• Serve pies, if desired, with a dollop of aioli and a wedge of lemon.