Nigerian Snacks & Small Chops recipes http://www.nigerianfoodtv.com/2012/12/nigerian-fish-pie-recipe.html
Nigerian Fish pie is one of the most common snacks in Nigeria. It is easy to make and delicious.
Nigerian Fish Pie ingredients:
For the Fish Pie Filling:
Fish(mackerel, hake,tuna,salmon, or any fish of choice)
a small onions(chopped)
1 stock cube(bouilion cubes) e,g maggi/knorr cubes
1 teaspoonful curry
1 teaspoonful garlic powder
1 teaspoonful thyme
For the Fish Pie dough/pastry:
350 grams Flour
100 grams margarine
1 raw egg
1 tablespoonful baking powder
1 tablespoonful salt
Vegetable oil for frying
Nigerian Fish pie making directions
*First place the fish in a pot, add a little water, onions , curry, thyme, garlic powder,, stock cube and salt to taste. Cook until the fish is done.
NOTE: You can also make use of any canned cooked fish, but you won’t need to cookit again, just spice it up.
*Now, take out the fish and some of the cooked onions and leave to cool a bit(the cooked onions keeps the inside of the Fish pie moist after frying);then de-bone(remove the bones) the fish and mash it .
*Next, add the flour, baking powder, salt and mix together;Add the whisked egg and melted margarine/butter , mix well and add cool water, bit by bit . Keep mixing until you get a firm dough.
*Knead the dough and leave to sit for 10 minutes.After 1o minutes, place the dough on a flat table/board;cut out a bit and roll flat with a rolling pin.
*Now cut the flat dough into a square /rectangle or any desired shape.
*Place the mashed cooked fish in the middle of the dough and fold one end to meet the other end, and Seal the ends with the tip of a fork;repeat this process for the remaining dough.
*Heat up the vegetable oil on medium heat until very hot, and fry the Fish pies. Fry each side of the fish pie until brown and place in a sieve lined with paper towels, to absorb excess oil.
And there you have it…your delicious Nigerian Fish Pie, to enjoy with friends and family.
The Nigerian Fish Pie is usually enjoyed with a chilled soft drink or fruit juice..Enjoy!
Related Nigerian Small Chops Recipes
* Nigerian Small Chops : Nigerian Spring Rolls
* Nigerian Small Chops :Nigerian Puff puff (poff poff)
* Nigerian Small Chops: Samosa (with meat & vegetables filling)
* Nigerian Small Chops :Nigerian Coconut Candy
* Nigerian Small Chops :Nigerian Sausage Rolls
* Nigerian Small Chops :Nigerian Fish Rolls (very crispy)
* Nigerian Small Chops :Nigerian Donuts / Doughnuts (Jam filled
* Nigerian Small Chops :Homemade Spring Roll wrappers / Lumpia wrappers
OTHER NIGERIAN SNACKS RECIPES
• How to Make Plantain Chips (yellow banana chips/ sweet banana chips)
• Nigerian Snacks : How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin
• Nigerian Snack : How to Make Nigerian Chicken Pie
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Sausages Rolls
• Nigerian Egg Rolls :Nigerian Snack
• How To Make Nigerian Scotch Eggs
• How to Make Sugar Coated Peanuts/Groundnuts(cacahuates garapiñados)
• How to Preserve or Store uncooked Spring Rolls
• How to Make Homemade Spring Roll wrappers/Spring Roll sheets( Popiah skin / Lumpia paper )
• Chicken and Vegetables Spring Rolls
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Fish Pie Recipe
• Nigerian Fish Rolls (very crunchy)
• Nigerian Snack : How to Make Nigerian Meat Pie
• Nigerian Food : Nigerian Buns
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Puff puff (poff poff)
• Nigerian Snack : Nigerian Donuts/Doughnuts (Jam filled)
Royalty free Music :Bassa Island game loop by Kevin Macleod (www.incompetech.com)