Learn how to make Veg Seekh Kebab, a delicious veg starter recipe by chef Kanak.
Whether it’s a casual house party or the arrival of sudden guests, serving a variety of starters / snacks / appetizers is always on the top of our mind. Chef Kanak brings you the easy recipe of delectable veg seekh kebabs which can be made in a jiffy.
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp ginger garlic – crushed
2 green chillies – chopped
1 big onion – chopped
1 small carrot – chopped
1/4 cup boiled and slightly mashed peas
6 – 8 beans – chopped
1/2 to 3/4 cup soaked soya granules
salt to taste
2 – 3 boiled and grated potatoes
2 tbsp roasted gramflour
2 tbsp almonds and cashew powder
3 – 4 tbsp fresh bread crumbs
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp lemon juice
extra oil / butter
– Heat oil in a wok and add the cumin seeds to it.
– Once the cumin seeds stop spluttering, add the ginger garlic paste to it and saute for a while.
– Add the green chillies and onions and saute for some more time.
– Add the vegetables – carrots, peas and beans and saute it for a while until they are slightly tender.
– Add the soaked soya granules and mix well. Let it cook for about 2 minutes. Then add salt and mix again.
– Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down for sometime.
– Blend this mixture to make a coarse texture mixture of it. Once done, transfer it to a large bowl and then add the grated potato to it along with the roasted gramflower, almonds and cashew powder, bread crumbs, salt (as per taste), red chilli powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, cardamom powder, garam masala, fresh coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix all the ingredients well using your hands to make a dough consistency.
– Refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
– Pre heat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 10 – 12 minutes.
– Take a small portion of the mixture on wet hands and spread it over the skewer which was soaked in water for sometime.
– Then put the skewers into the oven at 250 degrees Celsius for about 10 – 12 minutes.
– After 5 minutes, brush the kebabs with very little butter / oil.
– Once done, sprinkle some chaat masala over them and serve with some onion rings, lemon wedges and chutney.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Kanak’s Kitchen Menu ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Delicious Appetizers / Starters Recipes ➔ https://goo.gl/UtVxqe
Healthy Vegetarian Recipes ➔ https://goo.gl/ehEbMv
Easy To Cook Chicken Recipes ➔ https://goo.gl/YOXUli
Authentic Chinese Recipes ➔ https://goo.gl/qnqrc2
Yummy and Lip Smacking Desserts ➔ https://goo.gl/Grgh01
Irresistible Healthy Sweets ➔ https://goo.gl/aBnAeH
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Social Media Links ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook ➔ https://www.facebook.com/kanakskitchen/
Instagram ➔ http://instagram.com/kanakskitchen/
Google+ ➔ https://plus.google.com/+KanaksKitchen
Twitter ➔ https://twitter.com/kanakskitchen
Subscribe here ➔ http://goo.gl/z8RCxr